9/16/13

My Studio


When we first moved to Ohio and built this home (4 years ago), my husband wanted to give me a place to create.  (It could have been the fact that when I turned Joshua's and then Christy's bedrooms into art studios when they went to college in our old house that I completely destroyed the carpets...but I think it was really because he loves me so much and knows I need to create to be happy!)  The first two years we lived here...I used it for a study for nursing school...the next two years, I used it for quilting 5 baby quilts for my grand babies.  Finally after feeling more comfortable in my job in the NICU...I pulled out the pastels and have thought of little else.  I knew if I pulled them out when trying to go to school that I would fail related to no studying!  At least I know myself.  I'm so happy to be painting again and to have a beautiful space to create in.
I thought I'd share my studio since I finally cleaned it up and moved everything around in preparation for my new beginning in October...which is to start a NEW MEDIUM...OILS!!!  I have found a wonderful mentor that I'm going to study with in hopes of someday being accomplished in both pastel and Oil painting.  

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful studio you have Alice! Such great view too!
    I love all the paintings you have been doing for the challenge! Over half way there now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Commenting!