8/25/13

30 paintings in 30 days...

September is going to be a BUSY month!
 I've signed up for Leslie Saeta's 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. These will be small, quick studies in pastel.  I know it will be a crazy challenge...but just think...30 starts, (beginnings of paintings....sometimes the most difficult part) in 30 days.  Since I started my journey back to pastel in May, I've only done half that much, so I think it will be good for me.  I'm going to paint my gardens, and landscape...the first week.  Then in the second week I will venture into some still life with ordinary objects around the house.  The third week I will be at a week long workshop in NY with Susan Ogilvie! I can't wait, but that week I will just post what I am working on every day...thumbnails and value studies for plein air and studio paintings and hopefully a few finished works.. For the last week, I will paint quick gestures or portraits...very simply.  I make no promise to finish exactly 30 paintings...with my work schedule and life in general...but I'm going to try to do 30 starts.  You can visit here everyday to see what I'm up to. The cone flowers above will be my first painting....our gardens have been lovely this year.

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see them all Alice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Alice! I just heard about it yesterday and have signed up too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Wendy! I just visited your site. You do beautiful work. This will be fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Commenting!