11/4/13

Virgil and beginning oils

Virgil
pencil and charcoal on smooth vellum
Akron Society of Artists Model session

Harvest in Medina County
Oil on canvas
Lesson with Lawrence Churski

In my search for a local mentor/teacher, I've started lessons with Lawrence Churski.
He works in Oil and Watercolor...so I am learning oils, something I have always wanted to do!  Larry is funny, kind and an amazing artist.  If you want to see his beautiful work you can go to 
 Lawrence Churski Fine Art.  
Berlin Farm 
Amish Country, Berlin Ohio
Oil on Canvas
Palette knife and brush

This one I did in my studio from a photo taken a few weeks ago.  I was having problems...so I shot a picture of it to Larry and asked for suggestions.  He sent a laundry list of things to fix and as I did each one, I was amazed at how much more I liked it.  Learning my art ABC's all over again with a great teacher and a tricky medium.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting!